Trafford Housing Trust is an independent housing company set up by the government following the stock transfer of 9,000 homes under the previous ownership of Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council. We are a not for profit, registered charity that exists to supply and manage quality affordable homes, and to give housing advice and support to people in housing need, primarily within the Trafford area.
We are independent from the Council.
Our vision is "to be at the heart of creating neighbourhoods that are safe, clean, with strong communities and are places that people choose to live in."
We aim to achieve this vision by:
- Making sure our homes are modern and meet the needs of Trafford
- Supporting the development of an affordable homes programme
- Creating measures that improve employment and training opportunities
- Implementing ways of working that support area and neighbourhood working and the development and support of relevant partnerships
- Investing in services that meet the needs of the Elderly, Special Needs and young people
- Placing an emphasis on housing-led neighbourhood regeneration activities, including social, community and economic measures, in the Council's priority areas
- Putting residents at the heart of the decision making process
Our Values have been developed to underpin our vision. These complement our wider aims, and include:
- To be honest, open and approachable
- To be responsive to peoples' needs and aspirations; responsible for our activities and outcomes and respectful of all individuals and communities
- To be caring in our approach
- To motivate our staff, communities and others to achieve our vision
- To be fair in all our dealings with individuals, communities and organisations
- To be innovative and find new ways of achieving our customers' aspirations