Welcome to our careers site for roles within the new UK Customer Contact Centre in Peterborough.
Ikea are looking for inspiring Warehouse Team Leaders for the IKEA Customer Distribution Centre at Peterborough to optimise efficiencies in the supply chain.
Click on the links below to find out more about IKEA
The IKEA business idea is to offer a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
Most of the time, beautifully designed home furnishings are usually created for the few who can afford them. From the beginning, IKEA has taken a different path. We have decided to side with the many. That means responding to the home furnishing needs of people around the world: people with many different needs, tastes, dreams, aspirations and wallet sizes; people who want to improve their homes and their everyday lives.
It's not difficult to manufacture expensive fine furniture: just spend the money and let the customers pay. To manufacture beautiful, durable furniture at low prices is not so easy - it requires a different approach. It is all about finding simple solutions and saving on every method, process or approach adopted - but not on ideas.
Low prices are the cornerstone of the IKEA vision, business idea and concept. The basic thinking behind all IKEA products is that low prices make well-designed, functional home furnishings available to everyone. After all, our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We are constantly trying to do everything a little better, a little simpler, more efficiently and always cost-effectively. All IKEA units play an important part in creating our low prices which we are then able to offer our customers.
The IKEA product range is wide in several ways. First, it's wide in function: you'll find everything you need to furnish your home, from plants and living-room furnishings to toys and whole kitchens. Second it's wide in style. The romantic at heart will find just as much as the minimalist. And finally, by being coordinated, the range is wide in function and style at the same time, and at all times. No matter which style you prefer, there is something for everyone.
Anybody can make a good-quality product for a high price, or a poor-quality product for a low price. But to make good products at low prices, you need to develop methods that are both cost-efficient and innovative. That is why at IKEA we approach things a little differently.
Click on the values below to find out about our approach to the working environment.
IKEA co-workers tend to be down-to-earth, hard workers with a genuine willingness to work together. While there are many reasons to join IKEA, if you ask co-workers why they stay, their number one response is "because of the people".
When a company has a vision and clear values you can believe in, it's not hard to get inspired. More than 90% of IKEA co-workers know what we're here for. Almost 80% feel inspired at work (and we're working on the other 20%).
There's a saying at IKEA companies that it's okay to make mistakes - everyone does it. In fact, we think it's a healthy way to learn and improve.
IKEA has more different types of jobs than any other company in the world. If co-workers get tired of what they're doing or just want to try something else, they can move to a new role within IKEA, not outside IKEA.
Since IKEA has stores and offices in more than 44 countries, with the same values and business idea worldwide, moving from country to country is not uncommon. And if you do move, there's always another friendly IKEA person to help you adjust.
We're not big on fancy titles, corner offices or private jets, and we ask co-workers to leave their egos at the door. Why? Because it means you get to work as a team member, have fun and get on with the job.
People like working for a company they can be proud of. So far IKEA Social Initiative has benefited 100 million children in need. And we are working on the never-ending job of being kinder to the environment.
What other company trusts you with a €30 million budget? At the age of 22? If you are the right person for the job, learning with support and coaching is a way of life at IKEA.
IKEA is a business, without a doubt, but it is our policy to put people first. And people have lives outside work that include families. That means we believe in a parent-friendly environment.
The people you work with are also your friends. You know there's someone to turn to in every major city around the world. And you instantly have something to talk about with 123,000 people a lot like yourself. That's a big social network.
Click on the job title to view more details and apply online.